
Orlando – On the night of May 17, 2022, a big change happened for the Orlando Magic. That was when he won the NBA Draft Lottery for the fourth time in franchise history, the first since 2004.
At the time, no one knew what direction the Magic would go with the picks, but they just took their first dip and created a very unique buzz around town.
A little over a month later, the Magic decided Paolo Banchero, a 6-foot-10, 255-pound all-purpose forward from Duke, was their most promising prospect. It took the excitement to a whole new level.
As the season approached, the excitement never subsided. Some might say it has risen further since draft night.
Magic’s Summer League in Las Vegas went well. Banchero has had a stellar career, averaging 20.0 points, 5.0 rebounds and 6.0 assists in his two games.
“I think I did well. I’m happy with how I played, but there were a lot of things I could have improved,” he said. “There were a lot of turnovers in the second game. It only makes me feel better. These are my first two games of him, so I was hoping to get the wind back. I think we did pretty well.”
The 19-year-old also shone in various pro-am competitions. For example, he scored his 50 points at the exhibition (defensive option) of The CrawsOver in his hometown of Seattle on July 30th.
The key now is for this team to show more growth in the regular season.The Magic brought back nearly everyone from last year’s team. It should be good for their chemistry and companionship.
By all accounts, each player has been seriously on the court and in the weight room over the last few months. Franz, who was one of the top NBA rookies last season, has been in a very meaningful game for his Wagner in recent weeks against the German national team.
However, don’t ignore the fact that the Magic as a whole are still very young. They currently have the second-youngest roster in the league, behind the Oklahoma City Thunder. Terrence Ross is Orlando’s oldest player at the age of 31. Banchero and his fellow newcomer Caleb Hustan are still in their teens, while everyone else is in their twenties.
Despite finishing last in the East with a 22-60 record last season, the Magic have made progress as the year progressed. For example, after the All-Star break, they held off opponents with his seventh-highest defensive percentage in the league (111.2) and his third-lowest defensive field goal percentage in the league (45.3%).
While we’re far from finished in terms of both player development and roster building as far as championship-contending levels go, we’re optimistic that we’ll see significant improvements across the board in 2022-23. I have a point of view.
Another thing that inspires coaches and athletes is the brand new AdventHealth Training Center, which officially opened on August 31 during a ribbon-cutting ceremony. Designed to The large team’s ‘family room’ serves as the hub of the facility and features enhanced nutritional products and a full his kitchen. This property includes two full-sized courts overlooked from elevated viewing balconies. State-of-the-art training and recovery technology, including elevated chambers, hydrotherapy products and expansive locker rooms with high-end finishes enhance the player experience.
“We’re pretty excited (anyway), but when everyone comes in and sees our ownership (the DeVos family) and the commitment from AdventHealth, oh, it looks like we have something to prove. I think it’s going to be,” said Magic big man Wendell Carter Jr. “We can’t have facilities like this and be one of the best teams in the league.I think we are pretty much on the same page when it comes to things like that. I just think it will.”
Comments
Post a Comment