WARREN — In 2023, there may be a few more countries in that River Rock.
Few of the new acts on the 2022 Warren Community Amphitheater amp schedule in River Rock have matched the popularity of past favorites such as Journey tribute E5C4P3 and Queen tribute Queen Nation. .Concert series.
The only exceptions were the country double bill of Ultimate Aldean (a tribute to Jason Aldean) and local modern country band Northern Whiskey.
“I used to do country on Fridays and it was fine, but I did country one Saturday[this summer]and it really killed me.” Hydaris said.
“You can see it’s a different crowd. People were asking, ‘Where’s the restroom?’ They came here[Sunrise Inn, co-owned by Hydaris]and said, ‘Where are we going to park? ’ I asked. ”
In response to Aldean, Hydaris plans to mix additional country acts with the classic rock tribute band that has dominated since the series’ inception.
“I’m going to change the country a little more next year. I’m just trying to change it.” He said. “I always tell people, ‘It’s really simple. If it sells, I take it home. If it doesn’t sell, I don’t buy it.'”
The series completed its 14-show season on Saturday at dance band Disco Inferno. don’t think it will come. Before that, he appeared at the Robbins Theater, which Hydaris also runs).
Duplicate charges for E5C4P3 and the Best of Times tribute to Styx are returned as well.
“This is my first time with a Styx band.” Hydaris said. “I don’t remember the first song they did, but it was so good that I asked the sound guy, ‘Is it really them? And he said, “Yeah.” Wow it was really impressive and they will be back next year. ”
There are advantages to pairing two strong acts on the same night.
“It’s a great formula and something we want to do more of.” Hydaris said. “It costs a little more money if people come early because they have to wait five or six hours. It was a fun night with energy early on and the weather was perfect that night. It makes a difference. When it gets to 90 degrees. It’s hard.”
The weather has been mostly mild this summer, both on show nights and between shows. The heavy rains that raised the Mahoning River and flooded the amphitheater’s stage front lawn receded.
“I usually check the river every week and it’s the worst I’ve ever seen.” Hydaris said.
Unfortunately, the two shows where rain was a factor were two of the more expensive dates on the schedule. Accompanied by several members of Jimmy Buffett’s Coral Reefer Band, Fins to the Left had to fly in for the gig. And the Pink Floyd tribute act, Wish You Were Here.
“With Finn on the left, it was raining to the point where everything was ruined.” Hydaris said. “For ‘Wish You Were Here,’ it looked like it was going to rain, but the clouds kept moving and we were able to put on the show. We thought we were going to lose a lot of money, but we were lucky. We hit breakeven and I was thrilled at breakeven.”
.
Comments
Post a Comment