Kamogero Mokwena uses his mouth to create stunning portraits.
He often saw pictures in his head. Portraits of his friends and family would randomly pop into his brain and they would be perfect.
But he didn’t know how to get them out of his head and onto paper.
Kamogero Mokwena, 17, from Tzaneen, Bokgaga, is disabled. At first he didn’t know how to convert his image to paper because he doesn’t use his legs or arms.
One day in 2019, he put a pencil in his mouth and started sketching an image in his mind. Surprisingly, the results weren’t too bad.
Since then, he has been working to hone his craft, and his artwork went viral after his friend and fellow artist Lucas Maffeto, 21, shared his paintings on social media. rice field.
Camogero kept these images in his head while sitting in his house in Limpopo, Tzaneen, the teenager tells Drum.
So he used a pencil and a mouth to create a portrait.
“I’m just drawing ordinary people. On the day I painted the picture, I wanted to be successful in life, to be like other people, and to do what I wanted to do.
The 17-year-old says he lives with his mother to ensure he gets the support he needs for his art.
“When she goes shopping at the end of every month, she always asks me what she wants for my drawing. Then I tell her I need extra paper, pencils, etc.”
His mother tried her best to get him to go to art school, but it didn’t work, he says.
“She went to a social worker.
His wish is to find a school that will help him hone his talents. He tells us that he works on a consignment during that time. “So if someone asks me to draw a picture for them, I will do it and they will pay me.
“I usually spend money to buy materials that may be in short supply during the month.”
Camogero went viral after a chance encounter with Lucas on the social media platform Facebook.
Lucas tells Drum that he shared his friend’s art because he hoped the Good Samaritan would help him get into art school. When I contacted , he wanted help with the shading of the painting.
“I was surprised to find out that he was handicapped. He said he couldn’t move his hands, so I asked him how he could draw such beautiful pictures. I replied with a video and a photo,” says Lucas.
It seems that it was triggered when he received a DM from Kamogero asking him to teach him painting tips. He saw a picture of a woman on his profile.
“I don’t know if it’s his mother’s painting or what, but I was so inspired by his beautiful artwork, even though his hands weren’t moving.
READ MORE | ‘Don’t Give Up What You’re Good At’ – How Dancer Seung Kubai Persuaded Makazi To Get A Miss SA Gig
“It was the first time I saw someone painting with his mouth. , asked some points,” says Lucas.
Camogero brings up the story. “I sent him a friend request, but he also draws, so when he saw my drawing on my timeline, he asked if I drew it. I said, ‘ Yes.” I’ll draw,” he asked for a picture of me.
“He said he was surprised because he had never seen anyone paint with their mouth.” A friendship based on art was born.
Read more | He became famous and made cash during lockdown.Meet the Limpopo boy whose art is in high demand
Lucas is known as a rising star in the art world in his village Gamamamboro in Limpopo. He says he’s taking time to decide what to do with his future, but in the meantime he helps other artists.
He says it was beautiful when Camogero’s art went viral on Facebook.
“He told me he had never been to school, so I thought maybe he would get help. It was amazing.
“My biggest wish is that he attends a school where he can at least do something with his talents. That’s our wish.”




Comments
Post a Comment