
During crawfish season, we would like to stress the importance of our paper edition as a table cover. Here is another use for old-style news delivery in the digital age.
Janet Schexnayder of Slidell wrote, “I picked up a copy of TP/Advocate as I flew out to Reykjavik, Iceland, to meet my husband, Mark Snyder, who had arrived on a scientific research ship after a six-week mission. was.”
The next morning, in their rented “little house,” they sat down and read the newspaper.
“The chairs on the deck outside were damp from the Icelandic dew. We sat on some sections of the paper and used others to read.
“We disagreed about sitting and reading sections. Mark chose the Metro section for reading and was going to sit in the living room until I rescued him.
“In the end (no pun intended), he sat in the advertising section and I sat in the sports inside page.”
taste of home
I mentioned Turkish driving habits on Monday. Here’s another story from that country.
Covington’s Wayne Smith said:
“Of course, to the left of it was Starbucks.
“I remember this little scene many years ago. I was waiting for my wife in the shade outside the Palais du Pape in Avignon, France. Out of nowhere, his wife appeared and said in a concrete-cracking voice, “Oh, thank you, Harry, I’ve found a McDonald’s!”
Too many wheels?
Tom Boone of Gonzales continues our worldwide activities.
“I was in Mexico a few years ago and decided to take a taxi to meet a friend in another part of town.
“Traffic was heavy and taxis honked in and out, waving at other drivers and scaring pedestrians.
“Our driver swerved onto the pavement twice to avoid a more sane driver.
“I asked him if there was another way to navigate through this traffic. I can.”
“After experiencing such chaos and near-death experiences while riding a four-wheeler in an enclosed environment, it was difficult to choose the two-wheeler option.”
for birds
Sulynn Ganey of Prairieville wrote, “When I read your Monday column’s Thoughts of the Day, I was delighted to remember that I was in the flock.
“After reading ‘Let’s be a flamingo in a flock of pigeons,’ I smiled as I looked down at the shirt I was wearing with the same emotion.
“Flamingo lovers, flock together!
“Most of my casual shirts have images of flamingos, peacocks, or chickens, so they’re easy for me to spot.
“My favorite is the peacock who says, ‘How can you be ordinary when you can be extraordinary?'”
work for me
Baton Rouge’s Marvin Borgmeyer said, “This quote by Robert Frost reminded me of you: ‘There are two kinds of people in the world. Some people are willing to work, and some are willing to work. Some people let me do it.’”
you better call saint
Baton Rouge’s Ernie Gremillion said, “On Friday night, Catholic High faced a school named Maryland’s Virgin Mary of Good Counsel in the second half of the Home and Home Series. .
“When discussing the game with my Saturday morning coffee group, the CHS opponent’s name prompted the comment, ‘I didn’t know there was a female saint who was a lawyer.'”
.
Comments
Post a Comment