
UCLA football quarterback Dorian Thompson-Robinson told reporters after Monday morning’s practice session. We talked about how he’s connecting with his new receiving team, Kazmea Allen’s development, impressions of record-low crowds at the Rose Bowl on Saturday, and what it all means. It means you are playing HBCU.
How are you these days?
They’re great, they’re great. Monday is off to a good start. Obviously, it’s always good for him to have a week away from W, so I think it worked today.
What did you see when you returned to the movies?
Clearly, there are many things to fix. You need to figure out protection and so on. Got the ball out faster, defended the ball and had a fumble there too. So I think it’s all the little things that we still have to clean up. Once the bullets are in the air, we can finally see what we really need to work on now.
Did you just not see the defender with INT?
yeah i was reading We saw Titus settle in the hole first and then bounce into her second hole. It was just a misunderstanding on my part and his part. I should have checked with Bobo and continued playing.
Are you overloading some sides with pressure?
No, I guess it didn’t come from where we expected it to. You know, there’s been some information about whether the defenders are dropping and where they’re coming from, etc. They changed our plans a bit so we had to adjust a bit, but I think they did well in the second half.
What’s the hottest game you’ve played?
yeah, sure.
Even from Bishop Gorman?
yeah, sure. Even Gorman, we played around his seven in high school time, so the sun was out of the way and everything was there. It’s certainly the hottest game.
Family talk about sitting in the stands in that heat?
Yeah, I think they were swarming from seat to seat trying to find some shade and stay cool. But they enjoyed the game. I had my sister and my niece come, but it was fun because it was my first time to see it. It was a good time, sure.
This will be UCLA’s first time playing in an HBCU, are you excited?
scroll to continue
Yeah, sure, sure. Not only the culture, but finally being able to get a school like that on the West Coast would be a great opportunity for both teams. We are thrilled to give them the opportunity and excited to have the opportunity to play with them.
Too bad you can’t see their band at halftime?
Oh, oh, sure, sure. Those are definitely cool things to experience and see.
Communication with the center when calling a blocking assignment?
Yeah, Duke and Sam have full control over protection. I know where to throw hot based on my rules and where they point and tell others to go. But when it comes to communication, they lead and control it.
First match with the new acceptance team, what kind of relationship did you want?
yeah, sure. In other words, it didn’t look very aggressive. As for the scheme, we threw a lot of quick passes and tried to get the ball as quickly as possible, but I think they did a really good job blocking downfield.. X plays and big, long touchdowns. The runs were from those who made an extra effort to go downfield and block.
How did Kazu grow as a receiver?
Yeah, I think he’s exactly where he wants to be, and I think he keeps improving. He was able to see it last week. Especially with his speed. And if he keeps doing what he’s doing in practice, I think it will show up on Saturday and keep moving forward.
Carsen Ryan made a big block for you in that second TD run.
yeah, sure. He and Jack are both smart. Like I said, they’re going to play a lot this year and Chip will use them in every way possible. I can’t wait to continue. Indeed, I am very excited about those guys.
Are you spending more, less, or the same amount of time watching movies this week?
I also watched last week’s movie, so I would like to say a few more. But it’s still the same routine, going through the same breakdown, splitting every day into 3rd down, 1st down, and everything else.
How did you feel walking into the Rose Bowl and seeing so few fans?
I try not to worry too much about it. Clearly a little disappointed. Because we try to give the best showcase to as many people as possible, but try not to worry too much. We know they are watching over us and supporting us.
Follow Conon on Twitter. @Samkonon
Follow All Bruins on Twitter. @SI_AllBruins
Like All Bruins on Facebook @SI.AllBruins
Subscribe to All Bruins Youtube
Read more stories from UCLA: UCLA Bruins on Sports Illustrated
Read more UCLA football stories: Sports Illustrated UCLA Football
.
Comments
Post a Comment