Main menu

Pages

Congressional candidates draw sharp contrasts ahead of primaries

Close-up: Congressional candidates draw stark contrast ahead of primaries



ADAM: Welcome to CLOSE UP. A special edition of “Close Up” that breaks down the granite status controversy. We are lucky that Scott Spraddle is still with us. Thank you for joining us for another segment to break down his two congressional district debates on Tuesday and Wednesday. A lot has happened and a lot to talk about. Let’s talk about the CD-1. We knew Matt Mauer was under siege. SCOTT: A lot of attention is paid to them. Gail Huff Brown had a good night on stage. What’s interesting is that Congressional campaigns are the most intriguing and high-profile in New Hampshire’s election cycle. With gubernatorial elections and senator elections gigantic, it’s usually the cousins ​​and brothers who don’t get the attention. There is genuine interest in the primaries. It’s very competitive. ADAM: Interesting advertisements are displayed and are gradually increasing. The question is also interesting. You have the arrival of inflation and the economy. Dobbs decides to have an abortion. We would like to play a quick clip looking at the issue of abortion and candidate positions. Take a look at this clip. Three times in the past nine years, Republican-led Congress has passed the Fetal Protection Act, a federal abortion ban at the 20-week level. This could come back before Congress again. WHO WILL VOTE FOR Micah’s Act in Congress? >>I’m not sure. ADAM: A 20-week abortion ban passed for him three times. >> We need to see what passes constitutional mandates. Adam: This has passed Congress her three times. Congress has already agreed to endorse it. Do you support it, yes or no? The Supreme Court says representatives can choose. >> Lobbyist is giving his spin. answer the question. >> It is important to consider this on the merits of the law. As someone who is pro-life, I consider it. >> Everybody’s talking about New Hampshire law. Russell voted for Planned Parenthood Money. He’s trying to twist the question. I’m pro life We need someone to fight back. This is a less politicized issue. This is not a question to politicize. >>I am pro-life and have been vocal about it and the fact that I agree with the Supreme Court in this case. I’m the only candidate calling. They say that every woman in the state will have our health and safety and rights threatened by the Supreme Court’s decision. This allows us to have more voices at the state and local level. I am always a champion in life. We need to ensure a culture of life for young women statewide who feel threatened by the Democrats’ offensive message. Adam: 30 seconds. >> I want to say that I am very clear about my feelings and where I stand. These are terms put out by politicians to divide the media. I’m not split on it. My womb was not for sale. Never was and never will be. >> Planned parenthood was mentioned. i already have the record. I have a record of fighting for pro-life issues. You can see it in my Senate records. I was the only one who responded to the questionnaire. ADAM: Here’s an answer that shows how this issue is pouring in. Scott: It’s a kaleidoscope. This is the first generation of political candidates who have had to deal with real results and major changes in Supreme Court decisions and federal policy in real time. your question is interesting. It is a harbinger of what will be hotly debated in the general election. ADAM: For 50 years, ROE V. WADE has incorporated this into theory. Now it’s real and people are trying to understand it on the floor. Let’s talk about the second congressional district. Look at the contrast and start with a quick sound bite. In closing words, they took a shot about an advertisement running at the race. >> I want freedom, not for sale. >> Only I can win in November. Only Custer is scared. They’re scared of me, so I’ve invested hundreds of thousands of dollars in supporting my opponents. >> Democrats use the phrase “burn with burn.” This November, Custer is burned. Adam: We’re seeing Democrats doing what they’re doing across the country thinking they can easily defeat them. I’d like to know what happens when you give name approval to a candidate for the Second District of the House. Scott: There’s an old saying. Be careful what you want about things like this. My personal observation is that Bob Burns felt confident and gave clear answers. He was very pro-Trump in his overall positioning for the primary cycle. George Han Solo had good posture and clear answers. His answer was that I am the only one who can beat Annie Custer. It’s an interesting cycle with a lot of democratic dollars being spent in the Republican primary. In some cases, we see Republicans not staying with the party when given the option to replace Donald Trump. They are hedging bets to some extent. It will be interesting to see what happens. Republicans are looking for candidates. If they’re looking for a moderate Republican to compete with and compare to Annie Kuster on the middle road, it’s George Cancel. Now Trump’s wings seem to have an iron graft – Grab. Adam: I forgot he has the endorsement of Governor Sununu. This is a rising star for the Republican Party. He forgot to say that he has that approval. SCOTT: Unlike in the first debate, where the candidates were ready to mess up and were happy to fight each other and show their difference, not just Chris Pappas, in the second his CD was different. was It was muted more. George Hansell didn’t file an aggressive lawsuit for burns as much as he did against Annie Kuster. general election strategy in the primary, see if it works. Adam: I feel like this gives us a sense of direction for the Republican Party, depending on who wins. Can you vote? Scott: I think so. I heard from friends who attended the event. One of his many early questions from voters is, “How does Donald support his Trump position?” If Donald Trump is the barometer of the success or failure of any conversation in the campaign trail, then you have to think this will be the big X factor of everything, whether he endorses or not is the first of his CDs to be competitive. You can make waves. Absolutely, this is the time. The thing is, if the Trump part of the party is wildly successful, those are the Trump divisions of the party. how do they do it? What does it mean if they lose? These are questions that interest political science geeks. ADAM: Could be an interesting unity breakfast late in the day

Close-up: Congressional candidates draw stark contrast ahead of primaries

Adam and Scott discuss where the conflict arose between the CD-1 and CD-2 Republican candidates and their communication approaches.

Adam and Scott discuss where the conflict arose between the CD-1 and CD-2 Republican candidates and their communication approaches.

.

Comments