Main menu

Pages

Tell us about your Pop Culture Month: August 2022

featured image

Promotional art for Voltion's 2022 Saints Row reboot.

image: will

Monthly questions about what you’ve seen, read, and played continue in the final months of summer before the stars of the school and the holiday season are ready to rear their heads.

Played: In addition to polishing and enjoying, xenoblade 3, I decided to rebroadcast saints row Game before the incoming reboot.A few hours Saints Row 3 When Four It was a welcome return to nostalgia. I loved both of these games in his PS3 and 360 days.But I also soaked agents of mayhem, the other saints row Reboot in 2017. Combat and his three-person character swapping are still fun, as are the RPG mechanics. However, it’s clear that Volition had to cut corners. hitman In 2016, a new location model was released with three new agents every few months, so it could be a globe-trotting ruckus.

as for saints row 2022 (or Saints Row: Self Made, As I mentally call it)…it’s totally awesome. self made We won’t set the world on fire or bankrupt ourselves with our quirkiness Saints Row 3 I did, but I was able to carve out my own identity by the end. saints 2, The reboot feels like the perfect bridge between it and Volition’s much weirder sequel. During the final showdown, my nemesis moved about five feet off-screen to the right while the camera remained fixed where he should be.

But on the other hand, Insurance Fraud is still super fun, I enjoyed the cast, and the wingsuits are cool, so I still recommend it.

Saints Row: The Third – Power CG Trailer

saw: I’ve been watching a lot lately own league I bought it on Amazon and am enjoying it more than I expected. In an old-school and very charming, sincere way, the sports scenes are all great and the cast is fun from top to bottom. literally away from the show from the beginning.

i was looking like everyone else She-Hulk. I think it was Marvel’s best interest to release the first two episodes together. teeth, But i like it. Comedy works better here than in other Marvel projects, with Tatiana her Maslany playing Jennifer her Walters, and her cast of guest stars rotating to give the show a chaotic energy. Megan Thee Stallion The recent cameo is understandably a hot topic these days, but Benedict Wong’s appearance in the same episode reminds us that, like Don Cheadle, he’s become one of the MCU’s most believable character actors. Breaking the 4th Wall also has a certain appeal, so I think it’s worth watching, if only to decide for yourself if it’s worth the forced culture war. It’s a trick question. There is no media that has never existed.)

Meanwhile fellow io9 writers Linda Codega recently released dog king“Masaaki Yuasa’s latest is captivating, energetic, and full of lively music that defies genre conventions as forcefully as the film does,” they wrote. “It’s not wrong to call dog king An anachronistic and historical musical, it belittles the sheer artistry of animation, the ambition of its themes, and the expansiveness of its inspiration. dog king It draws creativity from fonts that match the story and lend themselves to a unique blend of storytelling and storytelling. ”

Official Trailer | She-Hulk: Lawyer | Disney+

heard: No, other than telling yourself that you should Stop Listening to “Renaissance” Before I do it all over again, August was a podcast-heavy month for me.much of it more civilized age, 2008 rewatch podcast Star wars: clone wars series. For those who like media critique and analysis, hosts Ari Acampora, Austin Walker, Rob Zakney, and Natalie Watson analyze the series to understand what works and doesn’t work for them. This is not a simple episode-by-episode rewatch. Hosts regularly talk about episodes and arcs in the context of politics (both now and for the foreseeable future), and regularly play behind-the-scenes footage featuring director-producer Dave Filoni to provide context in which the show was created. Explore. Really fascinating stuff, if you’re a fan of long podcasts, long, Go ahead and have fun.

Finally I started and caught up malicious, Horror audio drama by Harlan Guthrie. The pitch is that private investigator Arthur Lester finds himself obsessed with something…thing It talks in his head and hits him all the time and makes him do its bidding.idea Venom In the 1930s, Eddie Brock was impotent, but not in the comedic sense.

Since this is a podcast, the gimmick here is that the entity can control Arthur’s eyes. That is, the entity must explain to Arthur and the viewer what it is seeing. It feels weird at first, like Guthrie does all the character voices, but it gets more charming over time. It’s short enough that you can bing for quite some time.

Let us know how you spent August in the comments below.


Want more io9 news?See when updates arrive marvel When Star Wars release, what’s next The DC Universe of Movies and TVand all you need to know House of the Dragon When Lord of the rings: Ring of power.

.

Comments